Clicking on the link above will walk you through donating stock to Friends of Sax-Zim Bog via stockdonator.com;
In case you want to know the steps you will take with stockdonator.com we’ve condensed the process they use below:
You log on to www.stockdonator.com and enter the information required to donate your stock including:
- The specific stock and number or shares.
- Selecting Friends of Sax-Zim Bog (FOSZB) the receiving organization.
- Identifying personal and brokerage information.
StockDonator.com collects all entered information and generates the required forms to send onto the your Brokerage Firm
As certain Brokerage Firms use Medallion Signatures (MS) as an additional means to validate the donation request, the next step is dependent upon the Brokerage Firm’s MS requirement:
- For those Brokerage Firms not requiring a MS, StockDonator.com electronically transfers the request directly to the Brokerage Firm.
- For those brokerages requiring a MS, StockDonator.com provides the forms to the Donor, who in turn must (1) go to a financial institution, (2) receive a MS, and then (3) send the completed form to the Brokerage Firm.
StockDonator.com receives the stock donations from the Donor’s Brokerage Firm.
StockDonator.com provides the stock proceeds from sale of the stock (net of any fees and service charges (only $10 or 1.9% whichever is higher) to Friends of Sax-Zim Bog.
To complete the process, Stock Donator provides you, the Donor, with the transaction receipts needed to claim the tax deduction on your taxes for the stock donations.